These terms and conditions form the basis of the contract between us, and you the customer. It defines and sets out the rights, obligations, and responsibilities of both you and us under this contract. It is a legally binding contract which includes provisions that limit our responsibilities and potential liability to you.
Where we use the word “you” or “your” it means the customer; “we”, “us” or “our” means the remover. Where we use the word “goods” or “property” this refers to the items and or premises that are to be subject to the removal or storage, pursuant to this contract.
It is important that you read and understand the terms and conditions that will apply to this contract. If there is anything that you do not understand or do not wish to agree to, then please discuss it with us. By accepting our quote you agree to all terms and conditions. This will form a legally binding contract between you and us. That contract will be subject to these terms and conditions.
All quotations are based upon estimates only. You are liable for the full time that you use our service. We reserve the right to cancel at anytime if the following Terms & Conditions are not met. Any quote given may be varied if the following have not been declared by you and agreed by us in writing:
1. The road or path to your property is inadequate for our vehicle(s) to load or unload within 20 metres of the property.
2. There is not free access or exit of goods to or from a premises without structural modifications.
3. Staircases, lifts or passages within the property are unsuitable for goods to pass freely without causing any damage to either the property or goods.
4. Any fines or fees are incurred by us on your behalf in fulfilling our obligation to you.
5. There are events or delays with which we are unable to reasonably influence that prevent or increase the time allowed to fulfil any agreed work.
6. Removal or storage of extra goods that were not declared by you prior to the job and agreed in writing by us.
7. Total value of goods exceeding £10,000.
1. Remove goods at the agreed time and date and deliver them to the agreed delivery address.
Unless agreed by us in writing we shall not :-
1. Alter or modify any goods to aid free and proper movement of property being removed or delivered.
2. Alter or modify any premises including interior fixtures and fittings to aid the free and proper movement of property being removed or delivered.
3. Move goods to or from lofts.
4. Dismantle or assemble flat pack furniture.
5. Remove or deliver anything that is deemed by us to endanger the safety of our staff.
6. Disconnect any gas or electrical appliances.
7. Remove or deliver any goods that were not declared in the original quote by you before confirmation of booking from us.
1. Any living thing, including any animals, birds, fish and plants.
2. Any goods that are likely to encourage vermin or other pests or to cause infestation.
3. Any goods that require a special licence.
4. Any goods that require government permission to import or export.
5. Any food and/or drink that is, or needs to be, refrigerated or frozen.
6. Any drugs.
7. Any stolen or prohibited or illegal goods.
8. Any goods that are potentially dangerous, explosive or otherwise liable to cause damage. This includes, but is not limited to, firearms, ammunition, paints, aerosols, gas bottles and canisters.
9. Any jewellery, including trinkets and watches, and precious stones or metals or items made from precious metals or including precious stones.
10. Any money, securities, financial or legal documents, including but not limited to share certificates and leases.
11. Any collections of stamps, coins or other similar collectable items.
1. Declaration in writing of value of any goods up to and in excess of £10,000.
2. Obtain at your own expense, all documents, permits, permissions, licences, customs documents necessary for the removal to be completed.
3. Be present or represented during the collection and delivery of the removal.
4. Checking that all the goods are both collected and delivered.
5. Checking that nothing is collected and/or delivered in error.
6. Arranging proper security and protection for any goods that will be left in premises which will be unattended or to which third parties may have access either prior to, or during collection or following delivery.
7. Preparing the property and goods for the removal, including but not limited to disconnecting all relevant appliances and electronic equipment and emptying de-frosting any fridges and freezers.
1. By entering into this agreement you are declaring that you are the owner or have permission by the owner to take responsibility of their property that is being moved or stored and have made them aware of these terms and conditions.
2. If any of section 'E' from 1 through to and including 7 is untrue then you agree to pay for any costs/damages or claims brought against us.
1. The value of the goods, for the purposes of this contract, shall be their current replacement cost including due allowance in respect of age, wear and tear and depreciation. All liability and compensation for loss and/or damage shall be calculated on this basis and not on a “new for old basis”.
2. Under the terms and conditions of this contract we have assumed that the value of the goods submitted for removal or storage does not exceed £10,000. Unless a higher limit is declared by you and accepted by us in writing our liability to you under this contract for loss and/or damage to the goods shall be limited to a total of £10,000.
1. We shall, subject to the exclusions set out below, be responsible for any damage to your goods whilst they are in our custody and control under the terms and conditions of this contract.
2. We shall, subject to the exclusions set out below, be responsible for the loss of any goods whilst they are in our custody and control under the terms and conditions of this contract.
3. If goods are lost or are damaged beyond repair then our liability will be, at most, the value of the goods lost or damaged beyond repair, as defined by clause G, above.
4. If goods are damaged but can be repaired then our liability will be, at most, the repair cost.
5. In respect of any particular item our liability will not, under any circumstances, exceed the value of the item in question, as defined by clause G above.
6. All claims are subject to a £250 excess payable by you the customer.
1. Other than as a result of our negligence or breach of contract we will not be liable for any loss, damage or failure to produce the goods if caused by any of the following circumstances.
2. By fire howsoever caused.
3. By war, invasion, acts of foreign enemies, hostilities (whether war is declared or not), civil war, terrorism, rebellion and/or military coup, Act of God, third party industrial action or other such events outside our reasonable control.
4. By normal wear and tear, natural or gradual deterioration, leakage or evaporation or from perishable or unstable goods. This includes goods left within furniture or appliances.
5. By moth or vermin or similar infestation.
6. By cleaning, repairing or restoring unless we arranged for the work to be carried out.
7. By change to atmospheric or climatic conditions.
8. For any goods in wardrobes, drawers or appliances, or in a package, bundle, carton, case or other container not both packed and unpacked by us.
9. For electrical or mechanical derangement to any appliance, instrument, clock, computer or other equipment unless there is evidence of related external damage.
10. For any goods which have a pre-existing defect or are inherently defective.
11. For animals and their cages or tanks including pets, birds or fish.
12. For plants.
13. For perishable items and/or those requiring a controlled environment.
14. For items referred to in Clause C.
15. Damage to motor bikes or other motor vehicles unless we have issued a pre-collection condition report.
16. Loss or damage to the goods that occurs before we have taken possession, custody and control of the goods.
17. Loss or damage to the goods that occurs after we have delivered or handed over the goods to you or to a party nominated by you.
18. No employee of ours shall be separately liable to you for any loss, damage or delay or other breach of this contract.
1. We will not be liable for any damage whether to premises, property or the goods as a result of moving goods under your express instruction, and against our advice where moving the goods in the manner instructed will inevitably cause damage.
2. In any event we shall only be liable for damage to premises or property, other than the goods being submitted for removal or storage, where such damage arises due to negligence on our part.
3. Where damage to premises or property, other than the goods being submitted for removal or storage, does occur we must ask that you inform us immediately and note the damage on the job report worksheet held by the driver. In the absence of such notification we will not be able to accept any liability for the damage.
1. For any situation that arises other than by our own negligence we will not be liable to delays in transit.
2. We will not be responsible for any delay to the agreed start time of the job
3. If we are unable other than by our own negligence to deliver your goods, we will take them into store. The agreement will then be fulfilled and any additional service(s), including storage and delivery, will be at your expense.
1. For goods which we deliver you must notify us upon delivery of any visible loss, damage or failure to produce. This should be noted on the job report worksheet held by the driver.
2. If we do not deliver and you or your agent collect the goods, you must notify us in writing of any loss or damage within 5 days from the time the goods are handed to you or your agent.
3. Any claims for loss of or damage to goods must be notified to us in writing whether the goods were unpacked or not, within 5 days of delivery of the goods. In a case of loss or non-delivery of all of the goods the claim must be notified within 5 days of the anticipated delivery date, or when you were informed of the loss, whichever is the earlier. In all cases these time limits will apply unless a time extension is requested by you, within the 5 day period, and such extension is agreed by us in writing. We will not unreasonably refuse to grant such an extension of time.
1. All payments will be made in cash to the driver upon completion of the job unless otherwise agreed by us in writing.
2. Any storage charges incurred by us on your behalf will be paid one month in advance.
3. When subcontracting we will ask for a booking fee that must be paid at least 2 days prior to the job. Failure to do so will result in a cancellation of the booking.
4. In respect of all sums which are overdue to us, we will charge interest on a daily basis calculated at 4% per annum above the prevailing base rate for the time being of the Bank of England.
1. We reserve the right to subcontract some or all of the work.
2. If we subcontract your removals job then we shall not be held liable for any costs that you incur as a consequence of the sub-contractors negligence and or failure to complete the tasks set set out in the original quote.
3. By paying a booking fee to us, you accept that we will not be held liable for any costs incurred arising from the negligence of a third party agent, engaged by us to fulfil the work agreed by you and us.
1. All booking deposits fees are non refundable unless notice of cancellation/postponement is given in writing by you and confirmed by us 5 working days prior to the original booking date.
1. We have the right to hold some or all of your goods until full payment for the fee(s) we are owed is paid to us. This includes costs unrelated to the goods.
2. We have the right to sell or use some or all of your goods to recover unpaid fees owed to us. This can only be done after we have given you 30 days written notice of our intentions.
1. This contract shall be subject to exclusive English law and jurisdiction.
If any of these provisions is deemed to be illegal or unenforceable, in whole or in part, under and enactment or rule or law, then that provision shall to the extent necessary and insofar as permitted by law (i) be deemed not to form part of these terms and conditions; and (ii) be deemed to be replaced by such provision as is valid and enforceable and which is as close as permissible to the invalid or unenforceable provision. The validity and enforceability of the remainder of these Conditions shall not be effected.